What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files that are downloaded to the terminal (computer / smartphone / tablet) of the user when they visit a particular web page and are stored on the same. Cookies can store and recover information about the movements of a user or its’ equipment, check which pages are visited, the time the user stays connected, analyse the correct functioning of the page, if there are any technical difficulties, etc. depending on the information they contain, and the use given by the terminal, they could be used to identify the user.
What types of cookies exist?
Depending on the time they are active:
- Session cookies: cookies that are created temporarily in your browser’s subfolder while you are visiting a website. Once you leave the site, the session cookie is deleted.
- Persistent cookies: these cookie files remain in your browser’s subfolder and are activated again once you visit the website that created that particular cookie. A persistent cookie remains in the browser’s subfolder for the duration period set within the cookie’s file. Existen varios tipos de cookies en función de distintos criterios:
Depending on who owns them:
- Own cookies: those who are owned by the owner of the web site.
- Third party cookies: those who are owned by a third party, different form the owner of the web site, who Will treat the obtained information.
Depending on their goal:
- Technical cookies: for personalisation, they ensure you have a smooth login and service, inform of technical difficulties, identifying the user etc.
- Cookies for analysis or publicity: meant to analyse information about your browsing session and to offer advertisements, both generic or personalised.
What are cookies for?
Cookies are used to offer you personalised service or advertisements, to analyse the functioning of the system, recognise you when you login, identify and solve technical difficulties in the shortest possible time, and to analyse and measure the activity of the web page.
Do I need to give consent for cookies to be installed?
It’s not necessary to give consent for technical cookies, or for those who are necessary for provision of a service that has been specifically requested by the user.
For all others however, consent by the user is required, and this may be requested in different ways. In the case of our web site, this consent shall be understood to exist if you continue using it; without prejudice to your right to revoke this at any time and deactivate the cookies
Which cookies are we using in this web site?
Technical cookies: these are own, session and configuration cookies; strictly necessary for providing user services. Information obtained therethrough is treated only by www.carbel.net
Analytical cookies: these are cookies, either processed by ourselves or by third parties, that allow us to quantify the number of users and thus conduct the measure and analyse how users utilise the service offered. To do this, your browsing activities on our website are analysed to improve our product offering.
Tracking of browsing session, measuring and analysing the audience
Note: this list will be updated as soon as possible. However, exceptionally, curing updating there might be cookies that are not included in the list momentarily. In any case, the finality of the cookies used will always be the same as specified in the list. (NO HAY LISTA?)
This tool does not collect personal information users, or the postal address of the location from which they connect. The information collected is related to the number of pages visited, the language, the city associated with the IP address from which the user accesses the site, the number of users that visit us, the frequency and recurrence of the visits, the length of visits, the browser used, the operator or type of device from which the visit is made.
How can I deactivate cookies?
Most browsers indicate how to configure their product to not accept cookies, to receive notification each time a new cookie is received, or to deactivate them completely. To control how your information is used, you can configure the browser on your device in the manner that best suits you.
In any case, you are advised that if you deactivate technical and/or functional cookies, the quality of the website may decline, or it may be more difficult for the site to identify you.
Below, we are listing some links where you can find further information on the different browsers:
- Chrome http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Explorer http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-web
- Safari http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
This way, you can set the browser to notify you on screen if you are receiving a cookie and configure it if you do not want to receive these cookies. This fact will not prevent you from accessing the information contained in this web site.